Loving the Skin You're In - Look Good & Feel Good
STOP letting the date on your driver’s license define you! Regardless of your age, there is no better time to embrace your true beauty - from the outside and from the inside. It’s time to love the skin you’re in right now!As a society, we go through cycles of being “image obsessed” and wanting to stay 29 forever to the other extreme of letting “nature take its course”. No matter the decade you currently reside in, the most important thing you can do is cultivate a positive image of who you are today. Everyday Health suggests several tips on how we can look our best. Don’t waste your precious energy or time worrying about how you looked or felt 5 or even 10 years ago. Think about how you look and feel TODAY and what you can do to look and feel your best NOW. After all, look good, feel good and feel good, look good. It goes both ways! Here’s my list of tips for making the best of what you’ve got EVERY DAY. Feel Good
Take a daily sea buckthorn supplement (of course)
- Sea buckthorn is a super fruit packed with over 190 bioactive compounds including omega fatty acids 3, 6, 7 and 9, over 60 anti-oxidants, vitamins, trace minerals, flavonoids, carotenoids and more.
- Sea buckthorn is the worlds’ richest source of omega 7 which supports healthy function of many of the key systems of the body including cardiovascular, digestive, urogenital, and metabolic. It is also the key building block for healthy skin, hair and nails from the inside.
- TRY SIBU’S OMEGA-7 PURE! One ounce a day as a straight shot or blended in to your favorite morning smoothie will boost both health and beauty!Exercise regularly
- The American Heart Association recommends 150 minutes per week of moderate exercise.
Eat a well-balanced, healthy diet
- There are 5 food groups and more healthy options than you can possibly count. Get creative and DON’T DEPRIVE YOURSELF! Eat so that when you really want that chocolate chip cookie it doesn’t become a deal breaker. (hint: If your body is getting what it needs from healthy sources, you are less likely to crave that cookie.)
Drink plenty of water
- There is controversy over the actual benefits that drinking a minimum of 64 oz of water/day can have on the skin. This article from the University of Wisconsin Madison explains very well the importance of staying hydrated – and it’s about more than just the skin.
- Not only does a smile increase your “face” value, it positively affects everyone around you AND it can boost your health!
- WASH YOUR FACE EVERY NIGHT BEFORE YOU GO TO BED!
- Skincare doesn’t have to be complicated to be effective
- The skincare MINIMUM
- Cleanse (we’ve already talked about this)
- Hydrate: A good daytime face cream like SIBU’s Nourishing Face Cream can be used morning and night. This light-weight face lotion does a lot more than leave your skin looking and feeling great. Daily use will strengthen your skins natural ability to retain needed moisture. When the skins’ lipid barrier is strong, the skin stays looking and feeling good all day long.
- The skincare "I WANT / NEED MORE" - If you are concerned with the signs of age that are creeping in around the corners of your eyes or the dark spots that tell tales of younger days in the sun, you might want to get onboard with adding a few key steps to your routine. Here are some suggestions:
- The skincare MINIMUM
- Facial Serum: a serum is a lightweight moisturizer that penetrates deeper to deliver active ingredients to your skin. SIBU’s Hydrating Face Serum has Hyaluronic acid for that deep hydration and sea buckthorn fruit extract to provide vitamin C to brighten the skin and to help boost collagen production.
- Night Cream: if your skin is dry and seems to be getting drier as you get a bit older, a night cream is the way to go. Night creams are richer in texture and provide benefits even beyond hydration. Rejuvenating Night Cream enhances your skin’s nightly natural repair process. Infused with cruciferous (plant) ingredients, it stimulates the skins natural cell renewal cycle. The skins ability to retain moisture is strengthened, fine lines and wrinkles appear smoother and visible sun damage is reduced with nightly use. Just like SIBU’s Nourishing Face Cream, the Rejuvenating Night Cream can be used both day and night if your skin needs extra hydration.
- Eye Cream: The skin around our eyes is thinner and more delicate than they rest of our skin. Applying a specific eye cream to the eye area morning and night can help reduce the appearance of the fine lines and wrinkles in this area. SIBU Age Defying Eye Cream has sea berry and pumpkin seed oils to hydrate and firm the skin. Cruciferous (plant) ingredients go to work to lessen the appearance of dark circles and reduce under-eye puffiness. A little goes a long way with eye cream and you want to be sure and always use a gentle touch so as not to over manipulate this more delicate skin.
- Facial Oils: I saved the best for last! A good, quality facial oil can be a game-changer in the way your skin looks and feels. There are a lot to choose from out there and we suggest you always look for quality, unadulterated ingredients to get the most bang for your buck. Sea Berry Seed Oil has been used for centuries as a beauty and healing oil. Packed with vitamin E and omega 3 fatty acids, this golden “miracle oil” helps reduced the signs of visible sun damage and fine lines and wrinkles. Be sure to use facial oils before lotions or creams and after lighter weight serums. I might also suggest alternating am / pm use with your serum.