Creative Ways to Help Your Family Be Happy & Healthy
Keeping your family healthy and happy can often feel like a challenging full-time job. It doesn’t seem like a difficult concept, right? Follow a healthy way of eating and stay active both physically and mentally. It sounds simple enough, especially if you are just looking after yourself, but when family members with varying food tastes and activity desires enter the equation, it can get tricky.Here are some great ideas on how to keep your family healthy and happy as well as how everyone can enjoy the benefits of dietary supplements.
The Basics of Good HealthMost of us learn the building blocks of healthy living and good hygiene as young children, and we typically maintain those practices throughout our lives. If you follow these rudimentary principles, you and your family are off to a good start:
- Maintain good personal hygiene. Stay clean, and wash hands with an antibacterial soap before eating. Do not overuse antibacterial cleansers/wipes/gels, as too much of these products can actually have the opposite effect when it comes to fighting germs.
- Maintain a healthy temperature in your home. If you live in a cold climate, stay warm with layers rather than turning the furnace up too high. A healthy temperature for winter is 60-70 degrees F (16-21 C). If you live in a tropical area, use fans or your air conditioner as needed to keep a comfortable humidity level.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water and enhance it with electrolytes if necessary. Avoid too much caffeine, alcohol, and sugary drinks, as they can lead to other health issues.
- Get adequate sleep. There is no set number of hours a person should sleep each day. The amount of sleep you need depends on age, activity level, and life situations. Just listen to your body and when it tells you it is tired, let it rest.
- Stay active. Physical activity not only keeps you strong and flexible, it boosts your immune system and can improve mental health.
- Choose a healthy way of eating. Good health depends on good nutrition. We will discuss this further, as we recognize that this can be difficult when you have a family.
- Use dietary supplements. Even when following a great exercise regimen and natural way of eating, some highly beneficial vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fatty acids must come from dietary supplements.