Give Mom the Perfect Facial
- An oil to remove makeup or makeup-removing wipes
- A clean face towel or cotton wipes
- A basic cleanser, exfoliant, face mask, and moisturizer
- A facial steamer and cleansing brush (optional but will make the experience feel more special and premium)
Step 1: CleanseFirst, you're going to cleanse her face. In other words, you're going to remove any dirt or oil so that you're starting with a clean canvas.Apply a dime-sized amount of cleanser onto her face.
Step 2: ExfoliateIf a brush was not used, you can gently massage a physical exfoliant, such as a facial scrub, into the skin. You can even make your own exfoliant using ingredients that you probably already have at home, such as fresh yogurt or brown sugar.You can also apply a chemical exfoliant, instead, which fall in one of two categories: AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids) and BHAs (beta hydroxy acids).
Step 3: SteamNext, you'll want to steam the face. Steaming helps by opening up the pores, preparing the skin for the next step. You can perform a facial steam in a variety of ways:
Step 4: MaskNext, you’re going to apply a face mask. This is probably the most fun and flexible part of the facial due to the wide variety of masks that can be used.You may even decide to join in and apply one to your face as well! Some of your options are:
- Bentonite clay masks - these help to draw toxins away from the skin and stimulates blood flow to reveal a smooth, radiant and even complexion. Most people with normal or oily skin swear by bentonite and other clay masks, and with good reason!
- Charcoal masks - these do much of the same things as bentonite clay, attaching to impurities and whisking them away to improve the look and feel of her skin.
- Sheet masks are fun and trendy and there is a sheet mask for every skin type and the packaging will usually state what it is intended for, whether it's hydrating, fading dark spots or plumping the skin.
- DIY Masks - Charcoal and clay masks are considered DIY masks by some but in this article, we’re talking about mask ingredients that may already be in your pantry or can be easily sourced.
- For example, you can create a diy mask to tighten pores and and brighten skin by combining an egg white, 1 teaspoon of lime juice and a ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder and applying for 15 minutes. (check out our BULK Sea Buckthorn Oils for DIY)
Step 5: Moisturize and MassageLastly, you're going to want to moisturize and massage her face. Applying a facial moisturizer to her skin will keep it hydrated and make her face feel cool and fresh.
The SIBU Hydrating Facial Serum is your go to here, containing a host of ingredients which will not only nourish, but help to repair damaged skin and help stimulate collagen production. Gently massage the serum into her skin using the guidance seen in the video below about giving a facial massage: